Our volunteer community is a mosaic of Israeli society. Our volunteers are from all over Israel and of all walks of life. They include religious and secular, young and older, and come from a wide range of professions and academic backgrounds. What is common to all of the volunteers is a belief that all of us deserve a chance to love and be loved and to share our lives with a significant other in a relationship based on emotional attachment and mutual respect.
All of our volunteers go through an extensive selection and screening process as well as formal training which provides them with the tools to facilitate personal development of individuals searching for a partner and the skills needed to create successful meetings among members of the community.
Our volunteers serve as professional partners on the private journey of each member towards finding their "significant other".
Every one of our dedicated volunteers began right here, just like you by filling out this form. We are proud to present some of them to you:
“Connecting between people, accompanying them as they begin their journey together and being a part of that happiness - for me this is a dream come true!”
Oriyah Drori, Chiburim volunteer.
Walking our members through the process of creating their love nest, matching them with the right person – that for me is the essence of my volunteer experience in Chiburim. I enjoy every moment of it and am filled with satisfaction!”
Roi Gideon, Chiburim volunteer.
Mentoring with Chiburim grants the opportunity to meet wonderful individuals and to get excited each time anew with people's willingness to give and recieve love.
Dorit, Chiburim volunteer.
Rotem Sameah is the Developer and Implementer of Chiburim’s unique facilitating method for finding a meaningful relationship and our facilitators training program.
During his time as the Professional Manager of Chiburim, between the years 2014-2016, Rotem has trained hundreds of volunteer mentors and gave his professional advice throughout the mentoring processes.
In June 2016, Rotem completed his work at Chiburim and moved forward in his professional path.
Rotem perceives himself as a 'life Reality Designer' and has been working as a life coach since 2010.
Requirements for Volunteering:
1. Be loving and non-judgemental
2. Great interpersonal communication skills
3. Good intuition and a high level of emotional intelligence
4. Responsibility and a high level of commitment
5. Good computer skills
6. Good time management skills
What does volunteering in Chiburim include?
1. Participating in training sessions which take place in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, or any other region where there are enough interested new mentors (details will follow).
2. Receiving a maximum of three new members to mentor simultaneously which includes monthly in-person meetings (amounts vary based on track).
3. Weekly phone conversations with each new member.
4. An additional hour each week searching for dating opportunities in the computerized mentoring system.
Fill in the form below
Volunteer Training at "Chiburim"
"Chiburim" has developed its own unique and professional approach and method of guiding single people in their personal process of entering a meaningful relationship.
Every volunteer undergoes at least four training sessions during their volunteering tenure:
1. Basic training – includes orientation, introduction to the process of volunteering, the process of mentoring a member of the community, and the guiding principles of the organization, as well as the practical tools used in the mentoring process.
2. Being the right person – an advanced training which includes further learning, simulations and acquiring the tools for accompanying a member preparing to enter into a meaningful relationship – This session deals with guiding an individual towards greater self-awareness.
3. Finding the right person – an advanced training which includes learning, practical experiences, acquiring the tools for accompanying a member in an age of “supposed abundance” of opportunities to meet people, to succeed on dates, and to transform dates into meaningful relationships.
4. What about career development within Chiburim? You can become a senior mentor. We will train you on how to mentor new volunteers in Chiburim, and become a senior volunteer. This training is for volunteers of over a year in the organization with a track record of commitment and perseverance.
5. There is an additional training especially tailored to those mentors who will be working with members in the sensitivities track.
* In addition, we hold meetings from time to time with outside speakers on interesting topics and we have workshops to enrich the skills and the knowledge base of our volunteer mentors. All this is done in order for the mentoring process to be as effective and significant as possible.
After filling out the form:
1. We will be in touch with you by phone for an initial conversation.
2. After this first stage, we will arrange to meet you in person. Each interview lasts about a half hour.
3. Following a successful interview, you will receive an invitation to the upcoming basic training session.
4. While you wait for the training takes place, you will be asked to review our online tutorial which will give you a chance to acquire practical knowledge about the process we use in "Chiburim".
5. You will attend the basic training session.
6. You begin your volunteer work guiding members in finding their lifetime partners!