Our volunteer community is a mosaic of Israeli society. Our volunteers are from all over Israel and of all walks of life. They include religious and secular, young and older, and come from a wide range of professions and academic backgrounds. What is common to all of the volunteers is a belief that all of us deserve a chance to love and be loved and to share our lives with a significant other in a relationship based on emotional attachment and mutual respect.
All of our volunteers go through an extensive selection and screening process as well as formal training which provides them with the tools to facilitate personal development of individuals searching for a partner and the skills needed to create successful meetings among members of the community.
Our volunteers serve as professional partners on the private journey of each member towards finding their "significant other".
Every one of our dedicated volunteers began right here, just like you by filling out this form. We are proud to present some of them to you:
My name is Ofira Diker and for the past three years I have volunteered as a mentor in Chiburim. Each meeting with a new member comes with the excitement of new potential and possibilities. My main role as a mentor is to open and expand possibilities while still acknowledging the member's desires and longings. Often, and with great care, I need to offer another point of view, good advice, or a fresh perspective. It is a privilege to be a part of a person's journey to find the love of his/her life. The process is not always simple and I am here with you to guide and support you out of a shared hope for success in finding a strong and loving relationship.
Ofira Diker | Chiburim Mentor since 2017
For me being a Chiburim mentor is having the right to help someone find love, and a meaningful relationship, while trying to be as precise as possible about what he or she really wants and needs. Here character and personality are no less important than the external desires. The satisfaction and praise of those for whom I search for matches and the knowledge that it is also possible to succeed (from prior experience and success), are definitely worth the investment and time. There is a sense of getting back. There is appreciation for our perseverance, an emphasis on training. You can always get additional on-the-job training as well. There is also a sense of family within Chiburim, whether it's getting together in frontal or virtual meetings, toasts during the holiday seasons and much more. A meaningful accomplishment that I reached during my 4 years as a Chiburim mentor was setting up a couple who live together today and are in a relationship for about a year and a half.
Benny Fainbloom | Chiburim Mentor since 2016
I really enjoy mentoring members in such a significant part of their lives, it's provides me with an important sense of partnership. The mentoring gives me immense satisfaction, I am committed to the task and try to the best of my abilities to assist through my experience to help each member or couple already in a relationship. The professional Chiburim staff provides a wonderful sense of belonging and at any given moment there is someone to consult with. I am glad I discovered this opportunity to volunteer and take an active part in an organization whose intentions are good and pure; an organization whose sole purpose is to do good for people who wish to establish a home and meaningful relationship in Israel.
Hanni Mor | Chiburim Mentor since 2019
I volunteer for Chiburim in order to try to get to know the single men and women whom I mentor. I happily joined the cause out of love for each individual and the desire to ensure his or her happiness in a meaningful relationship. I mentor each member assigned to me with excitement, and a desire to get to know him or her. I listen, encourage, and sometimes offer a new perspective. All this is done with sensitivity and care. The mentoring processes are challenging, require dedication, but at the end of the day are very satisfying. I was able to guide three of the members I mentored to their wedding day. It is a great privilege and a great satisfaction to experience the happiness of two individuals who have found the love of their lives. I have received God's guidance in successfully mentoring these members.
Nava Safrai | Chiburim Mentor since 2017
Rotem Sameah is the Developer and Implementer of Chiburim’s unique facilitating method for finding a meaningful relationship and our facilitators training program.
During his time as the Professional Manager of Chiburim, between the years 2014-2016, Rotem has trained hundreds of volunteer mentors and gave his professional advice throughout the mentoring processes.
In June 2016, Rotem completed his work at Chiburim and moved forward in his professional path.
Rotem perceives himself as a 'life Reality Designer' and has been working as a life coach since 2010.
Requirements for Volunteering:
1. Be loving and non-judgemental
2. Great interpersonal communication skills
3. Good intuition and a high level of emotional intelligence
4. Responsibility and a high level of commitment
5. Good computer skills
6. Good time management skills
What does volunteering in Chiburim include?
1. Participating in training sessions which take place in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, or any other region where there are enough interested new mentors (details will follow).
2. Receiving a maximum of three new members to mentor simultaneously which includes monthly in-person meetings (amounts vary based on track).
3. Weekly phone conversations with each new member.
4. An additional hour each week searching for dating opportunities in the computerized mentoring system.
Fill in the form below
Volunteer Training at "Chiburim"
"Chiburim" has developed its own unique and professional approach and method of guiding single people in their personal process of entering a meaningful relationship.
Every volunteer undergoes at least four training sessions during their volunteering tenure:
1. Basic training – includes orientation, introduction to the process of volunteering, the process of mentoring a member of the community, and the guiding principles of the organization, as well as the practical tools used in the mentoring process.
2. Being the right person – an advanced training which includes further learning, simulations and acquiring the tools for accompanying a member preparing to enter into a meaningful relationship – This session deals with guiding an individual towards greater self-awareness.
3. Finding the right person – an advanced training which includes learning, practical experiences, acquiring the tools for accompanying a member in an age of “supposed abundance” of opportunities to meet people, to succeed on dates, and to transform dates into meaningful relationships.
4. What about career development within Chiburim? You can become a senior mentor. We will train you on how to mentor new volunteers in Chiburim, and become a senior volunteer. This training is for volunteers of over a year in the organization with a track record of commitment and perseverance.
5. There is an additional training especially tailored to those mentors who will be working with members in the sensitivities track.
* In addition, we hold meetings from time to time with outside speakers on interesting topics and we have workshops to enrich the skills and the knowledge base of our volunteer mentors. All this is done in order for the mentoring process to be as effective and significant as possible.
After filling out the form:
1. We will be in touch with you by phone for an initial conversation.
2. After this first stage, we will arrange to meet you in person. Each interview lasts about a half hour.
3. Following a successful interview, you will receive an invitation to the upcoming basic training session.
4. While you wait for the training takes place, you will be asked to review our online tutorial which will give you a chance to acquire practical knowledge about the process we use in "Chiburim".
5. You will attend the basic training session.
6. You begin your volunteer work guiding members in finding their lifetime partners!